Brighton, East Sussex
Salary £22,000-25,000 per annum + company benefits
Our client is a leading central Brighton based company with a global reach. They're at the forefront of their sector and known to have a positive impact on people's lives around the world.
They offer staff attractive offices with good amenities, city centre location, flexible working culture, and good wider benefits. The Credit Control team here is an established team of long-standing staff who work collaboratively and support each other to reach shared goals. An ideal environment for committed individuals who want to be recognised and supported by their employer.
Reporting into the Credit Control Manager, the role will include:
- Preparation of the daily bank receipts.
- Handling the initiation of the automated and part automated payment files.
- Administration of the partly automated credit control notification file to ensure our customers are advised of any outstanding balance.
- Supporting the reconciliation of bank account statements and credit card statements.
- Manage a personal portfolio of debt and credit control related tasks through inbound and outbound calls. Decision making of these cases within agreed parameters.
- Take ownership of the enquiries and liaise between departments/suppliers/intermediaries to provide a 'seamless service' to customers.
- Ensure that receipts from customers are being processed on a daily basis.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of accounting and statements as required and investigation of unreconciled items are resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Support training requirements for other team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Ensure that any identified control weaknesses are escalated to the Debt Team Leader.
- Support other parts of Finance, e.g. assisting with the clearance of bank reconciling items.
Candidates will have:
- 1-2 years' experience in credit control
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs
- Highly numerate with ability to process financial data quickly, and strong attention to detail
- Experience of dealing directly with customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team environment
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.