Assistant Accountant - 1 Year Contract
Brighton, East Sussex
Our client is an award-winning travel business based in the heart of Brighton. They have highly attractive offices and offer a contemporary, flexible and dynamic office culture which is great fun to be a part of. The business also has a strong environmental focus and charitable arm to the company, always looking to give back to the countries their clients visit.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, this individual will cover the 1 year maternity leave of an existing member of staff. Staff here work highly collaboratively and support each other to manage their workloads. Alongside support there's also a very friendly atmosphere and shared good sense of humour!
- Processing and raising sales invoices for clients
- Accounting for client payments received
- Producing weekly Aged Debtors to be provided to Sales Team with notation of accounts to be chased
- Liaising with Sales Team to confirm costs and preparing reports for bank payments
- Processing expenses invoices and reconciling supplier accounts to supplier statements
- Posting all bank transactions on a weekly basis
- Processing the client credit card payments
- Bank reconciliations including currencies
- Reconciliation of debtor and creditor control accounts
- Confirm to HR Manager the BACS payments file for employee's net pay and HMRC liabilities
- Posting payroll journals and reconciliation of payroll control accounts
- Posting other nominal journals required and reconciliation of other inter-company and other control accounts
- Preparation of monthly VAT report including & reconciliation of control account
- Producing a weekly cash balance report of bank balances including currency conversion
- Producing a weekly & monthly exchange rate report for costing purposes
- Assisting with the budget process
- Deputising for the Project Accountant
- Providing support & services across the business as required
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.